Waypoint 4: Nearshore
Find out about our latest acceleration programmme.
Ships spend about 60% of its time in a nearshore environment, so it is not surprising that 75% of marine accidents happen in these high traffic areas – with about $1.6B lost in recent years. Nearshore environments have a unique interplay between efficiency and risk, therefore solutions that improve operations near shore are deemed to yield some of the highest ROIs in the maritime sector.
Waypoint 4: Nearshore will focus on how we can address safety and risk challenges in shipping during nearshore operations. In this acceleration programme we are looking for tech that could:
- help to minimise human error
- support safer navigation
- reduce waiting & turnaround time
- prevent accidents & incidents to vessels and crews in port, anchorage and busy waterways.
Who were we looking for?
We had applications from startups and mentors to be part of this cohort:
- Startups that are developing technology that has the potential to scale to significantly improve safety or risk during NearShore manoeuvres.
- Ideally, they will have conducted at least one successful pilot, paid or unpaid, with a client in the maritime industries.
- Startups who are at a stage where they can benefit from participation in the programme.
- Startups willing to commit to a focused program.
We look for experts in the maritime industry to join our group of experts to help accelerate the innovative tech companies.
You can find more info in a webinar recording linked below.Watch the webinar recording
Selected startups will be able to:
- Access mentors’ deep expertise
- Refine their value proposition
- Get promotion to the maritime market
- Access our Proof of Concept fund (T&Cs apply)
- Receive pilot support
Applications are now closed for this programme, but you can tell us about your company for future programmes.Register your interest
Selected mentors will be able to:
- Engage with cutting edge startups & entrepreneurs
- Network with other mentors
- Have the opportunity to pilot tech
Mentor applications for this programme are closed, but we are always interested in hearing from prospective mentors for future programmes.Mentor application
A word from alumni and mentors…
“We are thankful to the Waypoint program for helping our company to refine our value proposition market positioning and expand our customer reach.”
Anton Zakharov, Co-founder, eyeGauge
“The Waypoint program introduced us to a wide variety of ecosystem stakeholders which helped us shape the future of ShipIn’s products.”
Amit Shalev, VP Business Development and Strategy, Shipin
“We got a lot of good critical feedback which helped us refine our business model and address key challenges regarding crew validity. The diverse background of mentors which included members from Class and the shipping industry was a great combination and gave us a 360 perspective of the maritime sector.”
Inder Mukhopadhyay, CEO at Aliciabots
“The Waypoint mentor programme offers a unique platform to learn from and support emerging maritime technology companies, which I found extremely interesting and rewarding”.
Nick Gross, Global Container Ships Segment Director, Lloyds Register
Our previous Waypoint programmes
Webinar replay: Where can innovation make the biggest difference in maritime risk?