The Safetytech Hub27/03/2022
The Safetytech Hub took place in May 2022, organised by Safetytech Accelerator in partnership with the Financial Times and hosted by Lloyd’s Register Foundation at the Safer World Conference 2022.
We brought together thought leaders from business and institutions to debate where and how digital technology and innovation is transforming the way industry manages safety, risk and resilience in the face of increasing business complexity and new social and sustainability imperatives.
We presented two sessions which have been recorded and you can watch below:
1. The Future of Industrial Safety – Can digital safety technologies help address business challenges and reach ESG goals?
The Financial Times, in partnership with Safetytech Accelerator, established by Lloyd’s Register, hosted this webinar as part of the Safetytech Hub. During this multi-sector conversation, leaders in maritime, construction, government agency and technology will share real-life stories and experiences from the front line. View the discussion on demand, to explore ways to build resilience and achieve better, safer and more sustainable outcomes for your workforce, organisation and the wider world.
Moderated by Harry Dempsey, Industry Reporter at The Financial Times:
- James Pomeroy, Director of Global Health and Safety at ARUP
- Pradeep Chawla, Managing Director, Group QHSE and Training at Anglo-Eastern Ship Management
- Emily Whitcomb, Director, Work to Zero, National Safety Council
- Maurizio Pilu, Managing Director at Safetytech Accelerator
2. Being a Safetytech Entrepreneur
Safetytech are digital technologies applied by businesses to tackle safety, risk and resiliency challenges. In 2020 Lloyd’s Register Foundation estimated that Safetytech could be worth hundreds of billions dollars globally. We all know about tech entrepreneurs, but what is different about being an industrial safetytech entrepreneur? What are the opportunities and challenges in industrial safetytech? In this session, moderated by Safetytech Accelerator, we will discuss what we mean by industrial safetytech, and then move on to a panel discussion with four safetytech entrepreneurs.
Moderated by Nadia Echchihab, Head of Innovation Programmes at Safetytech Accelerator, the panel comprised:
- Hao Zheng, CEO & Founder at Robok
- Johnny McCord, CEO & Founder at Loadsure
- Daniel Ng, CEO & Founder at Cyber Owl
- Dor Raviv, CTO & Co-Founder at ORCA AI